Life isn’t going to always be a bed of roses, and it will never always throw us diamonds and gold petals. Sometimes, it’s going to ignore us or even worse, throw us stones.
The only way we can be satisfied and happy with it all through the different stages is if we stay grateful.
Living a life of gratitude can never be over-emphasized.
I know sometimes it gets cliche to say ‘be grateful’, but really being grateful solves all problems. It literally is the magic we are always looking out for.
Once you have a grateful heart:
- You will become less materialistic and greatly satisfied. You begin to think of all the things you have that cannot be bought or can be bought but give to you. You begin to appreciate these things better.
- You become more socially responsible; not only because you tend to live more openly, but because all you will have in you is all positive energy to distribute to your circle.
- Your circle becomes your happy place. You begin to attract people of like minds who are not only living their lives in the fullness, but also appreciative of the life they have.
- You become a source of motivation for people. People begin to whisper or peep through what you do and what you say, just so they can get a hold of that amazing thing you have as well.
- You have more self-control on how you react to things around you. A grateful heart will approach the challenges like it’s not such a big deal, hence, having a better mind to deal with it.
- Your health will thank you. You are always well rested, not stressed. You are never bitter or angry.
Don’t make any request, don’t bother about anything, no matter how hard it may seem. Practice this for about 26 days because anything you do for over 15 days becomes a habit.
On the 27th day, take a stock of your life and please determine if you would continue to live a life of gratitude or not.
You will realize that you will become less materialistic and more satisfied.
Hint: Your heavenly father knows what you want even before you ask, and He already promised to do them. You can remind him; but you don’t have to labor for Him to do anything. He isn’t like your earthly Father.
Once you catch the revelation in the paragraph above, you would be able to live the life of gratitude; and in turn live a more positive and fulfilling life.