One of the many things that we bother our heads about is how to have and maintain a radiant glowing skin without breaking the bank.
You should have a dermatologist and go for check up regularly, but if that’s too much luxury right now, here are a few tips and tricks to help you get and maintain a glowing radiant skin.
- Detox your body – Detox doesn’t only takes a load off your system, but also helps your skin. E.g, lemon and water daily intake help release the toxins from the body, increase in vegetables and fruit intake helps increase the level of your skin-saving nutrients.
- Apply grape seed and green tea to protect the vitamin C in your body from oxidizing, also making your skin look younger and brighter.
- You can never go wrong with virgin coconut oil. It helps destroy free radicals, even out skin tone, rejuvenate and restore damaged skin. It leaves your skin with subtle glow and healthy-looking texture.
- Pick a vitamin C and vitamin E products for your skin. Daily consumption of these vitamins is said to give the skin a natural protection from the sun.
- Suck on ice cubes. This is said to chill all of the millions of cells in your cheeks and lips, thereby causing an increase in circulation, and resulting in plumper, more rosy-looking skin.
- Vitamin B consumption helps increase blood flows in the skin cells; and also slows down aging.
- Make time to sleep, as this allows your body to go through its healing process.
- Remember to always wash your make-up brushes or sponges because they collect bacteria and can cause breakouts.
- Snack on mixed nuts, including walnuts, Brazil nuts and some macadamias. They increase skin elasticity, prevents skin cancer, lowers inflammation, stops breakouts and gives you a glowing skin.
- Sanitize your smartphone with an antibacterial wipe occasionally, as it has been shown that viruses and germs present on the device, can cause spots and irritations. The viruses/germs are either caused by your many sneezes or through the many contacts it has with other people.
- Reduce your dairy consumption, as cow hormones are said to stimulate your oil glands and pores, thereby causing acne.
- Exfoliate more often for soften and smooth skin; and to also clear dead surface cells. Look out for products with salicylic and glycolic acid.
- Don’t dry off your skin before moisturizing. Leave it a little damp.
- Grab your watermelon as often as you can, as it helps reduce damage and redness caused by sun exposure, it prevents future wrinkling and may lower the risk of skin cancer.
- Drink a lot of water and stay hydrated. Water helps to clear inflammations and blemishes.
- Stop the many ‘hot water’ bath. It strips your skin of essential oils and creates mild burn.
- Reduce your alcohol and sugar intake. (*cough! cough).
- Be consistent. Don’t stop just because you think it isn’t working. Consistency brings the desired result.
I know my list is always long, Lol. But then, it is to give you as many options and information as possible.
We have to glow up this year too, so feel free to stop or start any as it applies to you.
How is your Friday night going? Have SAFE fun and remember to get enough rest this weekend.
Photo Credit: Pixabay